INTRODUCING THE CALI76 COMPACT
The Cali76 Compact provides direct access to your favourite vintage compression settings from the original Cali76 in a compact, easy-to-use package. A single combined Attack/Release control takes care of these often misunderstood parameters, guiding you through the most useful combinations while avoiding the less useful ones. Add in a simple high/low ratio switch and you get tons of flexibility without the complexity – instant gratification guaranteed!
SMALLER SIZE WITH NO COMPROMISE
The original Cali76 is a big, beautiful compressor pedal that delivers studio-quality 1176-style compression using discrete Class-A circuitry that's true to the topology and design philosophy of the original.
Sticking to exactly the same principles, we've squeezed this exceptional compressor into a smaller stompbox package that’s more portable and easier to use. Not only do the simplified controls mean you can access a great range of sounds almost instantly, but the 3:1 space saving means this pedal can be housed on even the most congested of pedalboards.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the Cali76 Compact features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We've taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components.
Rugged MELF resistors offer low noise performance and rock-solid reliability. Film and tantalum capacitors offer tight tolerances and superb linearity. Carefully chosen transistors biased at relatively high currents yield a distinct signal-to-noise advantage.
Please note: the Cali76 Compact is powered by a mains adaptor only. We've dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
• 100% Class-A discrete signal path
• Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
• Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
• Combined Attack/Release control
• Dual-position Ratio switch
• Optimised for guitar but can process any source
• High-current, low-noise electronics
• Ultra-wide frequency response
• Ultra-high input impedance
• Silent switching
• High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
• Premium components throughout
• Advanced power supply filtering and protection
• Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
• PSU Spec. 42mA @ 9V / 58mA @ 18V
• Designed and built in England